Monday 6 February 2012

Cupcake Trinket Box


I must be honest with you... I have never been any good at sewing. In fact, you could say I am entirely terrible. I remember getting a school report when I was in Year 6, and one major criticism in it was my poor attempt at making slippers!

Two Christmases ago my parents gave me a cross-stitch tree decoration set (from Accessorize), which I somehow managed to pull off, although it looked misshapen and ramshackle. Then, last Christmas, I had to step it up a gear, as they bought me a cupcake trinket box kit (from Urban Outfitters, if you're interested). There were different stitches, different threads... it all looked very complicated. But somehow, over several hours, I managed to pull it together. I cannot deny that I am proud!

And here it is... my first inedible cupcake.

Charlotte

2 comments:

  1. Hey I was just passing by... and wow, that looks amazing! I could never imagine myself sewing that, it looks like it takes forever. Nice. (~_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you so much! You have no idea how much that means to me as I'm terrible at sewing! It was time-consuming but I'm glad I finished it.

    Thanks for reading!
    Charlotte :-)

    ReplyDelete