Thursday 16 February 2012

My First Whoopie Pies


I am pretty sure there are very few sweet delights more satisfying than a homemade whoopie pie. Not only was the chocolate-laden sponge delicious... but they were absolutely HUGE! It was like eating a cake burger... mmmm.

This recipe (for 'chocolate chip whoopie pies') was taken from The Hummingbird Bakery's Cake Days. The inner frosting was more vanilla than chocolate, as I had to replace cocoa powder with drinking chocolate, but I'm not sure it mattered. Without boasting - the credit goes to the recipe here - these were just so good and have become my dear friend Daisy's favourite bake of mine ever!

The only setback of the whoopie pie recipes in Cake Days is that they require use of an entire jar of Marshmallow Fluff per batch. So costly - but certainly a worthwhile treat.

Charlotte



No comments:

Post a Comment