Tuesday 24 April 2012

Summer's Vertical Stripes

Top, £13 (sale price), Jane Norman; shorts, £14.99, H&M

If you've been following fashionwaffle for a while, you'll know how much I love vertical stripes. There's just something about them - they have that sort of retro feel, and at the same time, they're smart and stylish. 

For a while I've been wanting to track down the perfect monotone vertical stripe top. Yes, there are many options on the high street at the moment, but I have found that every top I come across is sheer, and I just don't want the hassle of having to wear another one underneath it to cover up - especially in the warmer months! So when I spotted this jersey version (above) in Jane Norman's closing-down sale, I was on cloud nine. Paired with my new high-waisted H&M shorts, it's adorable!

Below are some of the quirkier tops I discovered on my internet browsing through Topshop and River Island. Will you be wearing vertical stripes this summer? And do sheer tops frustrate you as much as they do me?!

Charlotte



£18, River Island

£32, Topshop

£25, River Island

£55, Topshop

No comments:

Post a Comment