Thursday 5 April 2012

Rainbow Cake


And here it is! After my friend Gemma spotted this amazing cake on blog French for Cupcake, it was decided that this was something we would have to try. After Gemma purchased the colour gels needed, she, myself and my friends Tori and Emma set to work on making this multicoloured wonder. You can find the recipe here: http://www.frenchforcupcake.com/2012/02/someday-well-find-it-rainbow-connection.html

The cakes themselves were extremely easy to make, although some of the colours didn't quite work out as planned (check out the dodgy purple on the bottom layer...)! Thankfully the frosting was  straightforward too, and delicious - cream cheese of course. To decorate, we used giant white chocolate buttons and Hershey's Cookies & Creme Kisses.

One things for sure... this cake will feed plenty!

Charlotte



4 comments:

  1. That's such a pretty cake with an amazing effect. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It wasn't too difficult to make, but I think the colour gels definitely made a massive difference.

    Charlotte :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love how yours turned out! I also make rainbow cakes/cupcakes but I've never tried doing them in layers, I just split all the colours between 2 baking tins...I should've done a blog post about it ages ago but I've misplaced the photos :( I'll definitely give this method a go! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! We were very excited at the look of it in the end too... and the sheer size hehe! Had to cut it into chunks and share it between us.

    Hopefully you'll find the photos of yours, I would love to see them!

    Charlotte :-)

    PS - Marj is a mutual friend of ours! :P

    ReplyDelete