Friday 2 December 2011

Cupcake of the Week - Peaches & Cream


... and possibly my first cupcake failure!

This time I attempted something a bit different - a cupcake which had canned peaches in the bottom, and vanilla frosting on top, with a sprinkle of brown sugar. It was yet another recipe from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook, so far proven failsafe, so I expected greatness... but alas, I was met with disaster!

For some reason the sponge didn't really rise, so there was a very small, very soggy amount in each one. Then the frosting seemed too wet so I added extra icing sugar, only to find that it became lumpy and unattractive. What a shambles!

Unfortunately their yummy flavour didn't make up for their lack of beauty, and they lingered in the fridge for a while, eventually meeting a fate worse than consumption - the bin.

Better luck next time I guess! Please share with me your cupcake disasters so I feel a little better!

Charlotte


No comments:

Post a Comment