Monday 19 December 2011

Snow-Flecked Rocky Road


I don't often invent recipes. I lack the cheffy confidence and don't like to risk wasting ingredients on a disaster. However, with something as easy as rocky road the opportunities for invention are endless. So, I decided to put my own festive spin on the usual method and cater to what was in my cupboard.

In this one I melted 600g of milk chocolate and added a few drops of peppermint flavouring. Then I folded in marshmallows, mixed nuts and raisins. Finally I refrigerated, chopped into squares and dusted in icing sugar.

Occasionally I add golden syrup to rocky road for a chewy texture, but this does seem to make it thicken very quickly, so if you do, add it in moderation and add the rest of your ingredients quickly before it cools and solidifies.

Charlotte


No comments:

Post a Comment