Monday 23 July 2012

The Humble Flapjack


Whilst many of our readers may know I am on a permanent quest to find the perfect brownie recipe, what they may not know is that my mission has extended to flapjacks.

My mum has always made wonderful, squidgy flapjacks from an old recipe a friend gave her. But I also adore those flapjacks which have a sort of sticky toffee glaze to make them extra-moreish.

The basic recipe for these was taken from 'Good Food: Cupcakes & Small Bakes', but I added:

A generous sprinkling of cinnamon
100g Ready Brek (I think...)
75g sultanas
50g crunchy peanut butter
1 tbsp golden syrup

These were adequately squidgy, without falling apart; I feel the Ready Brek was the key ingredient here to bind everything together. Yet, despite their scrumptiousness, they were still missing that toffee stickiness that I love.

Anyone got any tips?

Charlotte




No comments:

Post a Comment