Tuesday 4 September 2012

Chocolatey Chocolate Cake


I always think you can't go wrong with a chocolate cake - be you baker or eater. This one I made in honour of my wonderful friend Rhian's 20th birthday. 

The recipe was one for 'Family Chocolate Cake' from Hamlyn's '200 Cake and Bakes' by Sara Lewis. What I love about the book range is that the recipes are super-easy, require few ingredients, and usually extremely successful - so this time I must have done something wrong, as the cake turned out miserably flat! Highly edible, yes, but probably more frosting than cake. Which I guess, if we're being positive, isn't a bad thing in my books!

To decorate, I sprinkled on some chocolate-coated cereal balls from a Muller Corner yoghurt that I had used to make a banana smoothie. Waste not, want not!

Charlotte

Making the frosting



No comments:

Post a Comment