Saturday 29 September 2012

Four-layer Banoffee Cake


What cake do you make for the girl who loves banoffee?

This!

For my dear friend Daisy's birthday - who you may have spotted on here last year, making a banoffee pie with me! - I hoped to make a cake which resembled the pie, but also to avoid making it taste just like a banana loaf. I stumbled across a recipe on ITV Food which looked perfect for the job. You can find it here:


The main difference was that I chose to use my favourite Marks & Spencer Salted Caramel Sauce, which, when not heated up, has more of a spread-like consistency - perfect for sandwiching cakes together. I also simply used layers of whipped double cream instead of banana cream, choosing to decorate the cake with the cream and slices of banana, banoffee-pie.

Give it a try!

Charlotte





No comments:

Post a Comment