Wednesday 17 October 2012

Philadelphia Brownies


Chocolate flavoured Philadelphia spread has been a much talked-about phenomenon this year, and I had been meaning to try it for a while. So when I stumbled across a recipe for Philadelphia Brownies in Nigella Lawson's 'How to Be a Domestic Goddess', I just knew it was the perfect excuse! I have to say, I'm a fan - tastes very mildly chocolatey, almost like a milkshake.

The original recipe uses standard Philadelphia, giving a sharp, savoury edge to the rich chocolatey brownies - but the chocolate Philadelphia, blobbed on top of half the mixture, then topped with the rest, gave each one a melting middle. Absolutely divine. Easy enough for a snack but equally wonderful for a posh dessert, these were not around for long, and I would make them again in a heartbeat.

And if I could, I would eat them every day.

These need to be made!

Charlotte





No comments:

Post a Comment