Friday 4 November 2011

Cupcake of the Week - Ghoulish Cupcakes


Be afraid, be very afraid...

Ok, I know Hallowe'en is over now, but Friday is our official COTW day so I saved sharing these until today. To make them, I used - yep, you guessed it - The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook, following the recipe for Black Bottom cupcakes (but omitting the cheesecake chunks). I had hoped for a devilishly dark sponge, but the final product could have been darker.

The frosting was my favourite, cream cheese, with a few drops of red and yellow food colouring to make a spooky orange. I topped each one with an adorable ghost marshmallow (which, by the way, were delicious); a gift from John Lewis that my grandparents bought me. I'm saving the rest for topping hot chocolates.

These went down a treat with my friends and were definitely a naughty-but-nice morsel of kiddyish delight on Hallowe'en.

Charlotte


No comments:

Post a Comment