Friday 18 November 2011

Cupcake of the Week - Nutella Cupcakes


When I spotted the recipe for these in the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook, I knew I would have to make them. Nutella-filled chocolate sponge with creamy Nutella frosting... *sigh*. Anyone who knows me well knows Nutella is my true weakness. I have been known to sit with a spoon and gradually consume the jar.

These were a little fiddly to make, as the middle had to be hollowed out to be filled with Nutella. The recipe actually stated that a blob should be placed in the hollow at the top, but I wanted mine to have Nutella centres, so once I had filled them I placed their little cake 'lids' back on and pushed them down. Not so attractive... until the mounds of frosting had been piled on.

These were not around for long at all, and I found them to work best out of the fridge, as the Nutella middles became a little too firm otherwise.

They are up there with the best!!

Charlotte

Mixing the batter

Swirling Nutella into the frosting mix

Filling the centres and re-attaching the cake 'lids'

No comments:

Post a Comment