Friday 13 January 2012

Gingerbread Cupcakes


Ok, so maybe they came under the Christmas section in The Hummingbird Bakery's book 'Cake Days'... but gingerbread is delicious any time of year, as far as I'm concerned!

The recipe suggested using tiny gingerbread man shapes, but we happened to have a box of little gingerbread men in the house to use up, which looked equally adorable. My friend Ray and I didn't have enough to cover them all though, so we added crushed ginger nut biscuits.

These went down massively well; the only problem for me was the overpowering lemon in the frosting. We decided adding a little more zest than advised probably wouldn't do any harm, but for me, it masked the warm spicy flavours within the cake itself.

Or maybe I just dolloped too much frosting onto my ones...

Charlotte

Weighing out black treacle

Frosting the cupcakes

Ray and I, icing away!

No comments:

Post a Comment