Saturday 7 January 2012

A look ahead... S/S 2012

I have been reading, people. I have been silently searching, subtly browsing the new collections, investing in a bit of research. And I have a feeling I know what's coming next season.

Sorry to say, from what I've seen so far, there doesn't appear to be anything massively revolutionary. There are hints at that sports luxe trend - new ways of wearing heavy materials when trying to be practical. Hmmm. Sparkles are still big, but teamed with brights as opposed to all that black, making last year's summer wardrobe come in useful.

What has seen a sneaky return is the print. From garish to minute, floral to paisley. Stella McCartney has a penchant for both dogtooth and tropical flowers, and on the high street, I was pleasantly surprised to see some extremely edgy printed pieces from River Island. Topshop, of course, is doing me proud.

Here are some of my favourites from those two stores.

What are your S/S 12 predictions?

Charlotte

Topshop, £30

River Island, £20

River Island, £20

Topshop, £28
River Island, £20


No comments:

Post a Comment