Wednesday 26 October 2011

Bright Homemade Birthdays


A hobby which I have yet to share with you on fashionwaffle is my beloved cardmaking. My nanny is an art teacher, and ever since she gave me a ton of crafting papers and accessories about seven years ago, I have been hooked. I admit, being at university it is a little trickier to keep it up; my collection is at home, so I have to make cards when I take trips back, or over the holidays. Also I have a love of browsing greeting card sections in quirky shops and have often been tempted to buy unique cards which say just the right thing, rather than make something a little impersonal. Masculine cards in particular can be tricky to design.

Anyway, before I ramble on further here are a few of my latest creations. I have found myself recycling broken bits of jewellery and iron-on tattoos in order to save cash; plus, they make great 3D embellishments. The Betty Boop card was made from an out-of-date calendar (look out for these in the January sales).

I also love to wrap gifts decoratively with ribbons, bows and gift boxes. The ones below were wrapped in reduced Paperchase wrap and recycled ribbon.

I would love to see your creations!

Charlotte



No comments:

Post a Comment