Sunday 23 October 2011

Forget cape... hello, shape

Burberry image from www.sofeminine.co.uk

I'm sure you remember the cape craze of last year. Oh, how I toiled and troubled over finding the perfect (affordable) cape, only to find the perfect one in the sale, to try it on and realise it did not suit me at all! Well, at least this year there's a little more variety on the coat front... then again, that may make it even trickier...

With the frost starting to appear here in the UK I thought I would introduce you to a few of my favourite coat picks from ASOS.com, using Burberry's A/W 11 collection as inspiration. The huge spectrum of coat shapes at the label was glorious: huge collars, high waists, masculine shoulders, hoods... all interspersed with contrast sleeves, checkered print, buckles and fur. Dazzling.

But, if you fancy saving yourself £1,000 or so, ASOS has a grand selection heavily influenced by the label, as do many other high street names.

Charlotte

Short check, £60, AWear @ ASOS
Fur, hood, and buckles - £85
Collared, £120
Contrast sleeve, £220, Cooper & Stollbrand for ASOS

No comments:

Post a Comment