Friday 21 October 2011

Cupcake of the Week - Banana Cream


I constantly find myself seeking new ways to use up old bananas, usually just turning to good old banana bread, which thankfully gets eaten pretty fast as I have a couple of friends with extreme banana weakness! This time, for a variation, I used my favourite banana loaf recipe (in Tiffany Goodall's 'From Pasta to Pancakes: The Ultimate Student Cookbook'), again substituting caster sugar for brown sugar and adding banana, as I did before (see my banana bread post). The topping was my favourite of the moment: that pesky cream cheese frosting from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook again! (Sorry, I can't get enough of it!)

And ta-daa... banana cream cupcakes!

Word of advice: If you plan on doing something similar, these are best served cold from the fridge. Otherwise the dampness of both the frosting and the 'cake' tends to taste a bit soggy.

Charlotte


No comments:

Post a Comment