Sunday 21 August 2011

Banana Cheesecake



Before this one, I had never attempted a cheesecake, but with a huge barbecue coming up it seemed like the perfect 'please everyone' dessert. (Alongside lemon meringue cake... pictures coming soon!)

To make it, I used the recipe for 'Big Baked Cheesecake' from Sam Stern's 'Student Cookbook', but I avoided the lemon rind and folded in a few overripe bananas instead. I also made double quantities, expecting to produce enough cheesecake for twelve people. But as you can see, it provided more than a little over that... possibly enough for twenty! I ended up having to send my brother away with the giant one to share with his housemates!

The recipe was dead simple and overall I was pretty impressed; only next time, I would use a firmer biscuit such as a ginger nut, as the base was a bit too soft and crumbly for my liking.

(Although banana and ginger... perhaps not).

Charlotte

Pressing the biscuit base into the tins...

... and whisking the cream cheese mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment