Wednesday 3 August 2011

Going bananas!


My mum has always been a banana bread master, and being the baking lover that I am, I thought it was about time that I attempted it myself! This one was taken from Tiffany Goodall's 'From Pasta to Pancakes: The Ultimate Student Cookbook'.


I'm unsure if my use of extra banana, or my swapping of caster sugar for light brown sugar was responsible, but the middle of the loaf was squidgy and borderline unbaked. I kept on baking but eventually gave up to avoid the risk of burning. That said, my housemate loved its texture and couldn't keep his hands off it!


Banana bread is a great way to use up spotty bananas, makes for a filling (and marginally guilt-free) snack, and this one as you can see produced enough mixture for extra muffins.


Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment