Thursday 22 September 2011

Accessories Edit - A/W 11

I love a change of season, and to me the high street has totally outdone itself with replicas of this season's catwalk pieces. Here are the top five hitting my wish list.

Charlotte

Topshop
This gorgeous scarf by Topshop just screams 'Gucci' - it's in that oh-so-popular pussy bow shape and that deep berry shade which popped all over their show this season. Makes any outfit on-trend and could be worn over a coat or an old blouse. 

New Look
 Star print has totally taken over the high street thanks to the likes of D&G. As we see the oversized jumper make a comeback, print tights are a great way to jazz up what could become a lazy outfit. I picked up an opaque pair yesterday, but these are just as fun.

ASOS

Who doesn't love to indulge in a bit of faux fur in winter? Not only does it make us feel glamourous, but it's a staple when the cold starts to bite. This collar/scarf wows me - it looks positively Tibetan and oozes sophistication, plus the length flatters the figure. I NEED THIS.

Topshop Unique
 Now I haven't been a nail varnish wearer since I was a kid, but the idea of having a high-fashion print staining your nails without the risk of chipping is certainly appealing. As we've seen, Topshop Unique overflows with dalmatian print this season and these nail wraps are just another clever take on the trend. Plus, black and white is a pretty fail-safe combination. I may have just been converted.
Accessorize

Lastly, one of my fave trends of A/W year in, year out is that festive heritage look - you know, tartan prints, reindeer, owls and everything that reminds us of Christmas. I recently came across these brooches and found myself struggling not to buy them. Individually they look cute - together, on the collar of your coat, they are to die for.

No comments:

Post a Comment